Sites and Galleries Representing Different Seasons
- Black Box Diamond - A Unique Gallery of Jewelry Design and Studio Art. Contact Info: Black Box Diamond, 1756 W. Algonquin Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 ~ Phone: 847-705-5006~ Toll Free: 888-705-5006~ Fax: 847-705-5012~ Email: email@example.com Contact: Paul McCrate
- Different Seasons on Etsy - High Quality Artisan-Crafted Exotic Gemstone Jewelry by Mark Anderson and Jessica Dow.
Jewelry and Lapidary Supplies
Artists We Admire
Other sites for Different Seasons, Jessica Dow and Mark Anderson
- Different Seasons @ Ganoksin's Orchid Gallery
- Different Seasons at DeviantArt
- Ganoksin Orchid Blog for Different Seasons
- Flickr Photo Portfolios - Our extensive photography collection organized into sets such as dinosaur bone, opal, fire agate, published jewelry, inlay jewelry, lost wax casting process photos, gem carving, studio photos, original design sketches and much more!
- Different Seasons on Facebook - Interested in our current projects, articles and our most recent jewelry and gem photography?Visit Jessica and Mark on their most popular social networking site~ Facebook!
- THE GEMBONE GALLERY - Our Flickr photo portfolio dedicated exclusively to gem dinosaur bone. See our photos of museum-quality dinosaur bone collector specimens, lapidary arts and gem dinosaur bone jewelry.
Schools, Organizations and Instruction
- Steve Lindsay Engraving Forum
- Society of North American Goldsmiths - The Society of North American Goldsmiths supports and advances the professional practice of artists, designers, jewelers and metalsmiths. Through education, innovation, and leadership, SNAG provides access to a vibrant and passionate community.
- Peninsula School of Art - Peninsula School of Art promotes and fosters an understanding of the visual arts through education, exhibitions and community outreach programs. Jessica Dow and Mark Anderson are happy to teaching their first class at Peninsula Art School in the fall 2010 semester!
- Bench Jewelers Television Network - Each show is filled with high-quality instruction by working
jewelers who are masters of their craft. From Basic Techniques to
- Gemological Institute of America~ G.I.A. - "The World's Foremost Authority in Gemology"
- The Ganoksin Project - The gem and jewelry world's foremost information resource on the
Internet. Open to the public, Free of charge - a substantial library
of articles, publications, reports, and technical data on gem and
jewelry related topics; as well as a sizable collection of art and
jewelry galleries, for both the casual visitor and the professional.
- Art Jewelry Forum - AJF is a non-profit organization focused on the field of contemporary artist made jewelry.
- New Approach School for Jewelers
- Revere Jewelry Academy
- Blair School for Jewelers
- Tips from the Jeweler's Bench - From Ganoksin
Interesting, Inspiring & Educational Blogs
- Gem Dinosaur Bone Blog - Educate yourself about gem dinosaur bone! Different Seasons educational blog filled with gorgeous photos of fossilized gem dinosaur bone specimens, jewelry and lapidary arts creations.
- Fire Agate Mining at Deer Creek. - Our mining adventures at the Deer Creek fire agate mine in Arizona.
- Grafton Pottery Art Blog - Ceramic sculptural artist Mitchell Grafton's art blog.
- Interview with Renee Newman on Rockhound Blog - Rockhound blog interviews Renee Newman, author of the new series of books "Exotic Gemstones" among many others. Renee's gemstone buying guides are widely used by buyers and dealers in the gem trade, lapidary artists, rockhounds and jewelers.
- Ethical Metalsmiths Blog - ETHICAL METALSMITHS IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO CONNECTING PEOPLE TO RESPONSIBLY SOURCED METALS AND GEMSTONES. THE PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG IS TO PROVIDE OUR SUPPORTERS WITH TIMELY NEWS UPDATES AND TO PROVIDE A DISCUSSION FORUM AROUND MINING RELATED CURRENT EVENTS.
- The Justified Sinner's Blog - Random ramblings, rants and raves from The Justified Sinner.
- Spectrolite Blog - Spectrolite~ Educational materials with beautiful photo examples.
- Metalcyberspace Blog - Inspiration in the field of modern art jewellery design & metalsmithing arts.
- The Andamooka Opal Field - Written by Allan Schultz and Jessica Dow for Rockhoundblog.
- Gemwise Blog - Richard W. Wise blog on secrets of the gem trade
- The Daily Jewel - by Robyn Hawk
- Stillwater Palladium - Covers the history, discovery, research and uses of Palladium in industry.
- Robyn Hawk's Jewelry & Gem Artisans Blog - Robyn Hawk's blog featuring the work of various jewelry and gem artisans.
- Tucson Gem Show - Live - Info and reviews on the Tucson Gem Show by Robyn Hawk.
- ROCKHOUND BLOG - A blog designed to help rockhound enthusiasts connect, swap information, and chat. Features many categories and archives.
Jewelry, Lapidary, Gemology & Rockhound Related Publications and Websites
- Metalcyberspace - Proving information, documentation and inspiration the field of modern art jewellery design & metalsmithing arts
- Earthworks - EARTHWORKS is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting communities and the environment from the destructive impacts of mineral development, in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Metalsmith Magazine
- Radical Jewelry Makeover - Radical Jewelry Makeover is many things. It is a traveling community mining and recycling project and a creative art and education project, teaching makers how to produce contemporary, innovative jewelry from recycled sources and proudly placing responsible jewelry in the hands of the consumers. The overall project is meant to raise awareness of the connection between mining and metalsmithing as well as showcase innovative making.
- Ethical Metalsmiths - Ethical Metalsmiths is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting people with responsibly sourced metals and gemstones.
- NO DIRTY GOLD - No Dirty Gold is an international campaign working to ensure that gold mining operations respect human rights and the environment. Around the world, mine-affected communities, grassroots organizations, and national and international organizations are working to end dirty gold mining practices. The campaign seeks to support these efforts and to collaborate with other like-minded organizations.
- Renee Newman's Books on Gems and Jewelry - Books containing unbiased, affordable information on how to buy, evaluate and appreciate gems and jewelry.
- Brain Press - Writings. Jewelry manufacturing methods
- Glossary of Lapidary Terms
- Art Jewelry Magazine
- Lapidary Journal's Jewelry Artist Magazine
- The Ganoksin Project - The gem and jewelry world's foremost information resource on the Internet. Open to the public, Free of charge - a substantial library of articles, publications, reports, and technical data on gem and jewelry related topics; as well as a sizable collection of art and jewelry galleries, for both the casual visitor and the professional. "The Gem and Jewelry World's foremost Resource on The Internet"